Tuesday, August 05, 2003

And then there was more

I was flipping through some news when I saw this little tidbit. It seems that the NRA is blocking a lawsuit by the CATO institute. This is a lawsuit intended to restore the 2nd Amendment rights to the D.C. residents, who desparately need them. So why is the NRA trying to block it? Because they don't like the fact that A) They're not involved, and B) they don't like the reasons given.

This is why I haven't become an NRA member, folks. It seems like this organization is more interested in politics and power, rather than helping the average Joe (You and I). Is it any wonder that the city with the strictest gun bans has the highest murder rate? The residents cannot protect themselves due to nanny-state regulations and gun bans. And that's what it comes down to, folks. I've seen study after study posted, all of them claiming that by getting rid of guns, you'll reduce crime. And people fall for those studies, and ban guns, and then crime starts going up. In England, even though they have stringent gun control laws, and have been getting rid of private gun ownership, gun crime is spiraling upwards. D.C., where you flat out can't own a handgun, has the highest murder rate in the USA. The facts show those anti-gun studies to be false. Every. Single. Time.

Also, the typical groups are taking aim at the president again. And it's STILL over the SOTU address. I'm going to say something which might help the Democrats right now. And I'm saying it because I know that the Donks will never take my advice.

Drop the uranium thing. There are bigger fish to fry, and more effective methods.

I can't say that I'm happy with the way President Bush has handled domestic affairs. He's done several things that I don't agree with. But the Left, in their blind hatred of all things Bush, have cut off their nose to spite their face. Their only tacticts, it seems, are their full frontal attacks on Bush, and their screams of "I'M NOT AN EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL REPUBLICAN!"

Great message there, Donks. "He's evil and I'm not him" is NOT the way to get elected. I'm looking forward to another Bush administration, unless one of them can reverse their cranial-rectal impaction before 2004. And it's looking like that's not going to happen.

No comments: