Sunday, March 01, 2020

We went riding yesterday

It was supposed to be a warm day.  Up in the 60's.  It was not.  It was in the 40's, which isn't bad, but not optimal for a long ride

We rode up Ogden Canyon.  There was snow on the sides of the road and frozen waterfalls.  As we rode out of the canyon and began following the shoreline of the Pineview Reservoir, we saw people ice fishing.  They all looked up to see who the insane idiots on motorcycles were, and what the hell we were doing.  Here's the camera from this morning that shows the road we were on.  All that snow and ice was there yesterday.


We turned on to Trappers Loop, which runs in front of Snowbasin Ski Resort.  The pavement was dry, but there was snow everywhere else.


We made it to Morgan in time for my fingers to lose all feeling.  A stop for coffee got that feeling back.  First ride of the season.  The Mrs. was not too fond of me, but I made sure she had all the heating gear, so she fared better than I did.

We now know what kind of cold weather gear we need.  We thought we had everything covered.  We did not.

But now, the people who made this ride get to call everybody else a bunch of wimps for at least a year, until the next "First Ride of the Year".

3 comments:

p2 said...

Good times! No popped fuses?

Ragin' Dave said...

Nope. I think the re-wrap job I did with the silicone tape worked! And I'm serious - if you're ever in the area, dinner, cigars and whiskey is on me.

p2 said...

Deal. That road goes both ways as well. If you & the Ragin' Mrs. get up this way, it's my treat.