Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Daddy issues

 So I'm dealing with a few organizations that claim to be fraternal.  Two-wheeled organizations.  Brotherhood and all that shit.

Fucking daddy issues is what it is.

I won't name the groups because I just don't want to deal with the fucking drama.  But holy crap, people.  I've never seen so many grown adults transform into whiny, snot-nosed babies so fucking quickly.

When I was stationed in Virginia, I was asked by an MC to be a prospect.  I spent one night hanging out with them.  In that one night I had to try to keep one person from going off the rails and spent two hours outside in the winter night watching over my buddy who was talking down a drunk from essentially fucking his life up beyond repair.

Needless to say I didn't go back.

I think I like life as an introvert far better.

1 comment:

Francis W. Porretto said...

Life as an introvert does have many advantages. However, there's a downside as well:
1. No one to talk to but yourself, so you learn to do that.
2. When in company (however rarely that might occur), you must stop talking to yourself.
3. Sex. Need I say more?
4. There's no more "Who broke that?" You'll know who immediately, if not in advance.
5. Unpaid bills. (See also "Sex.")

Regards and best wishes for the Christmas season,
Fran Porretto,
Lifelong introvert