Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Random shit that pisses me off

 So the Mrs and I were taking the dogs to the dog park last night.  It's big enough that I can chuck a ball for a good long while and wear out the border collie because HOLY SHIT border collie energy.

Now, I currently live in Utah.  And we're in a drought.  It's a mix between a California drought (YOU LIVE IN A FUCKING DESERT!) and the end result of a couple of years of lower snowfall in the mountains.

My front yard is dead.  I could only water it two days a week, and the sun hits the yard all day long, just cooking it.  That's something that the landlord is gonna yank my security deposit for leaving.  But then, every other yard in the neighborhood is dead, because we're trying to be decent people and we'd rather be able to flush the toilet than have a green yard.  And yeah, it was that bad last year, and we're trying to make sure it's not that bad this year.

So we're on the way to the dog park, and we drive by a dude who's pressure washing his driveway.  Water just rolling down the gutter.  Gallons upon gallons.  To wash a driveway.

I had a flashback to LA.  I'd be driving up to Canyonback Park, and you'd pass by house after house with lush, tropical plants, full green yards, and they're washing their driveways with water.  In A FUCKING DESERT.  While the powers that be scold people for using too much water when they wash their clothing.

Let me restate that:  The powers that be were scolding people for washing their clothes, while the rich up near Mulholland Drive were washing their driveways with water.

Look, I'd love to tear up the lawn and zeroscape it, but I don't own the place.  SLC is a desert.  There shouldn't be green lawns all around, because IT'S A FUCKING DESERT.  But we're in a fucking drought, my fucking yard is dead, and this guy used I don't know how many gallons of water to WASH HIS DRIVEWAY???

If I get to a point where I can't flush my toilet because there's no water, I'm going back there and beating his fucking head into the cement.

Yeah, that was disjointed.  Welcome to my life right now.

No comments: