Monday, June 20, 2022

I'm just in a fog

 Can't sleep for shit.  And it's starting to show.  Gah.  I hate living here.  Between the wind, the allergies and the road noise....

I have two tabs open in my browser that I've been pondering over.  One is this musing by Mr. Porretto, where he considers America today with the abundance of diversity.  The other is this essay from a black man who looks at the Democrat Party actions with regard to Black Americans and concludes that the KKK couldn't do that much damage if they tried.

I've worked with Soldiers of all colors and creeds, and I have to say I follow Mr. Porretto's thoughts far more than those who think we can all get along and be happy.  And here's why:  One of the people I worked with, one of my favorite people, was a black guy.  Hard working.  Intelligent.  God-fearing Christian.  I loved working with him, and our office had just about as good a time as we could have when he was there.  And when he went back to his home town and walked around his grandmother's neighborhood, every black guy he grew up with turned their back on him, and said to their friends (and I'm quoting him here), "He ain't a real nigga."

So the majority of the black men he grew up with looked at this hard working, God-fearing NCO, a good, stand-up man, and disparaged him as not being authentically black.

That shows me right there that community is fucked.  And it's fucked in a way that nobody from the outside can repair.  Nobody can help.  They don't WANT help.  They want to wallow in ignorance and sloth, and when someone like my friend shows up, they disparage him and cast him out.  Because in order to be "authentically black", hard work isn't allowed.  Following the law isn't allowed.  Intelligence isn't allowed.  Wisdom isn't allowed.  Raising a stable family isn't allowed.

If anyone can tell me how someone like myself can peacefully co-exist with a group like that, I'd like to know.  Because I can see my friend's neighborhood replicated in just about every urban area.

And you can be damn sure I ain't going there.

No comments: