Monday, December 27, 2021

Stupid games

 So....   I currently live in Utah right now.  For those who don't know, you cannot order any kind of tobacco and have it shipped to Utah.  It's against state law.  Same with alcohol, which pissed off my boss because he and his wife like to join a "wine of the month" club and get a different bottle of wine to try every month.

So my work-around, because I like cigars and I refuse to pay 10-15 dollars a stick, was to get a Post Office box right across the border in Evanston, Wyoming.  And that works pretty well, especially since good booze is cheaper in Wyoming than it is in Utah, so when the wife wants her Laphroaig, we head to Wyoming.

Now I told y'all that to tell you this.

I ordered my cigars on the 17th.  Most mail order cigar places are based out of Pennsylvania somewhere because PA doesn't tax cigars.  If it's not PA, it's Florida.  Anyways, my package was shipped from Pennsylvania on the 18th.  Where it promptly sat in Philadelphia for a couple days.  And then got sent to Salt Lake City.  

So far so good.  The main mail route to Wyoming comes through SLC.

It then went to Jackson, Wyoming.  That's problem #1.  Evanston is about 80 miles away from where I am.  Jackson is over 200 miles away.

So they drove past Evanston with my cigars to get to Jackson, whereupon someone there went "Verily, this box belongeth not here!" and shipped it back to SLC.  So this box has literally driven past my house twice, but it can't be delivered because Utah is retarded.  So it finally gets to the post office in Evanston on the 23rd.

At 11:29 PM.

And the post office was closed on the 24th.  And obviously on Christmas.  And Sundays.  Which means I'll be able to pick up my cigars this evening after work.  Ten days after I ordered them, and nine days after they shipped (by Priority mail!).

You want to know the worst part?  If I had them shipped UPS, they would have taken longer.  Trust me.  I know this from experience.

Crap like this is why I can't wait to retire and move back to a state that doesn't have it's head shoved up it's ass.  You can literally get medical marijuana shipped to your door in Utah, but not good cigars.  What.  The.  Actual.  Fuck?

Anyways, I'll have my cigars tonight.  But I'm going to be letting the post office know that they need to unfuck themselves.

1 comment:

p2 said...

If you want a good laugh.. cigar.com has a forum thread titled “U suck, postal slobs.”

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/899693/u-suck-postal-slobs/p1