Thursday, December 23, 2021

One of my many pet peeves

 I've got quite a few of them.  I collect them like baseball cards.

Taking the dogs for their walks, I go around the block for the big dog, and then the little dog gets a mile route.  The big dog is old and can't go very far any more, but the little dog is a puppy and needs the extra steps.  And there's a few houses that have dogs in the back yard.

And they bark.  And bark.  And bark.  And bark.  And bark.  One house that's located kinda central to the block has a black dog that never shuts up.  I can hear this dog barking his fool head off before I pass the house, and I can continue listening to this dog bark and bark and bark as I walk around the block.  

Look, I get that dogs bark.  It's something we try to control with our dogs, and we're pretty successful at it.  The big dog will let out a bark or two if someone is at the door.  The little dog is a work in progress.  But we never, EVER let our dogs just bark for hours in the backyard.  Hell no.  That's rude as shit to your neighbors.  It's disrespectful to everyone around you who has to listen to it.  If my neighbors had a dog that never shut up, I'd try talking to them first, but if they refused to do anything I'd just call the cops with a noise complaint.  I'm not listening to your dog bark all day.  Fuck no.  Control your animal.  Luckily my neighbors are awesome, but halfway down the block?  Not so much.  It shows a complete and total lack of respect for the people who live around you to just let your dog bark it's fool head off for hours and hours.

Anyways, that's my little mini-rant of the day.  Let me work up to a real rant later.

No comments: