Monday, December 13, 2021

Gonna go get the brain poke today

 My fever broke, but the Mrs. has not.  So we're going to go get tested.  If it is the Kung Flu?  Well, there go my Christmas plans.  Which would suck.

Once the Mrs. got sick I started hitting up the zinc.  We also started dosing with Ivermectin on Friday.  I don't know why I'm doing better than her, other than I spend a lot more time outside.  Fresh air and sunshine make it almost impossible to stay sick.  

So at some point today I'll find out whether or not I've got a case of the Peking Pox.  If I do?  Well...  at least I'll have natural immunity from here on out.  Ain't going home for Christmas though.  Hell, even if it's not the Bejing Barf, I don't want my parents getting this.  The cramps and body aches are bad enough for me, there's no chance in hell that Dad would be able to deal with it.

On the other hand, the military is shrieking for me to stay home and never come to the office again until nobody dies of anything ever, so there's that.  Yeah, I'll milk the ever-living fuck out of that if I can.  Plus with the Mrs. still running a fever I have no idea how contagious I am or will be.

Luckily we're all stocked up on food so I don't have to go shopping for a good long while.  Lots of soups and stews and good stuff like that.  Plenty of onion and garlic.  And pepper.  Lots of pepper.

Honestly, I'm shocked I haven't had a brush with it prior to now.  I've been exposed to it multiple times, and never had an issue.  

Blah.  Onward!


No comments: