Friday, November 12, 2021

I'm stealing this from another blog

 I spent most of yesterday with a buddy of mine.  He's Air Force here, and also in my motorcycle club.  I left my phone in my pocket for the day and didn't check emails until I came back last night.  It was well needed.

But I missed this over at Nobody Asked Me, and it needed to be shared.

https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/  


The picture is a little small.  Click the link to go to the actual website.

And to my veteran friends - If life is just kicking you in the dick and you need some help, GET SOME HELP.  You'd get help for a broken arm, wouldn't you?  Why is a mental or emotional injury any different?  And yes, it's an injury.  You didn't just wake up one day and suddenly you're feeling a certain way for no good reason.  Injuries need time and they need care in order to heal.  Get the help you need, and don't let it fester and overwhelm you.

I've spent a lot of time working with troops who have PTSD.  Do NOT let it control you.  It's an injury, and it can be healed but you have to take the first steps.

2 comments:

Deserttrek said...

From what I am reading veteran suicide is major issue, as it should be.
Meanwhile the pentagon is hiring diversity people and going woke.

Ragin' Dave said...

The Pentagon is to busy trying to understand "white rage" and longing to cut their peckers off like the new four-star tranny to bother with little things like veteran suicide, or even winning a war.