Friday, October 01, 2021

Went to pre-op yesterday

 Had to go get a Kung Flu test, as the hospital sees the un-vaxxed and begins to tremble in fear at the possibility that I might be spreading the Peking Pox like a parade clown throwing candy.

I'm fine, of course.  I go under the knife on Monday.  Get that annoying little bone removed.  And then a month of convalescent leave; two weeks of no pressure on the foot, and two weeks of physical therapy.

During great riding weather, too.  Dammit.  Ah, well, at least it wasn't during the summer.  The doc asked how I got a whole month.  I told him that after the last couple of months, the unit is happy to be rid of me for that long.  I might get it stretched out.  Take advantage of being the squeaky wheel while I can.  The Chief of Staff certainly wouldn't cry to see me away for a bit longer.

Got nothing political for ya right now.  Maybe later, maybe not.  It's not that I haven't read the news, it's that I have other things on the brain right now and I can't really formulate any coherent thoughts about what I'm reading, other than "Fuck the fucking fuckers, let's burn it all down around their heads."

No comments: