Friday, September 24, 2021

Sinus migraines and random crap

 So the air here in Salt Lake City is bad.  Not just kinda bad, but about on par with "holy third-world shithole" bad.  Between the pollution from too many people, the dust from the desert, and the smoke from California and Oregon wildfires (my friend remarked that they were tired of smoking three packs of California a day), I haven't see a true blue sky since I was on vacation out of Utah.

And it finally got to me yesterday.  Massive screaming sinus headache, located behind my right eyeball.  Started light in the morning, got worse through the day, and put me down for good around 1500.  Thank goodness for Neilmed Sinus Rinse.  I did a couple of those yesterday, and the crap I got out of my head was disgusting.  Once I was able to flush the crap out (it took a couple of tries to get it all) the headache started to subside a little bit, until I could finally get some work done around the house at 1900.

I like the SLC area as a whole, but I can't wait to retire and get out of here.

On the productivity side, the Mrs and I made twelve pounds of bratwurst, six pounds of hot Italian, and six pounds of Sicilian sausage.  We're good for another week.  Heh.  We've also been harvesting the massive amount of tomatoes we planted this spring, and I've been making tomato sauce and canning it up.  We also made a molcajete-style salsa that cans up really well.  Canned up some peppers, because when the plants are popping them out like crazy, it's about all you can really do.  They'll be good this winter on all kinds of food.  We haven't been able to grow the kind of garden that we want, just due to limited space, but we grow what we are able.  I have a fennel plant that I'm harvesting the seeds from right now that's just frigging massive.  

This year we also have a huge amount of lady bug nymphs that have started pupating all over the garden plants.  So we're waiting on pulling any plants out until they hatch and the ladybugs go do whatever it is that they do over the winter.  You don't notice the nymphs while their marching around eating all the pests, because they're just this dark-colored sci-fi looking thing that's maybe a quarter inch long.  But once they start to pupate they change colors and start looking like the ladybugs they're about to become.  

Anyways, that's some random crap that filled my week.  It's FRIDAY!  Which means nothing to me, really, because even my days off aren't really days off, so talk to me on Sunday when I get to actually do what I want to do.

No comments: