Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Snapped

 Going home last night after yet another long day, I hear a car behind me honking.  Not really rude or aggressive, more like the "honk honk honk" of someone trying to get your attention.  So I look in the rear view mirror, and the chick behind me starts pointing down and to my left.  So I look down at my left side, and see my saddlebag hanging by one bolt.

I wave at her, pull over, open the bag, and see that the rear bolt has just sheared right the hell off.  One half was sitting in the bag, the other half was still screwed into the fender.  Cheap-ass Chinesium bolt, I guess.

So I'm driving until I can get another bolt.  To say I was pissed off last night would be an understatement.  I gotta get to Fastenall, because none of the home depot stores have what I need.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Are there made in America fasteners these days? I feel like I heard a story about a nail factory around the time of the trade war with China, but I don't know that they made more than nails.

I assume you try to get made in America if at all possible?