Sunday, April 26, 2020

Well, yesterday was sort of interesting...

So, let me start off with the fact that due to some work that I've done, I had a little bit of extra money coming in, and it came in a few days ago.  My Ruger, which I have enjoyed greatly up until now, managed to have a few technical issues that render it unusable at this time.  I'm going to ship it to a gunsmith, but until then, I'm down to my 1911 and a double-stack 9mm.  Both fine guns, but the hotter it gets, the more I need a gun I can conceal easily, and both those guns are a bit bigger.

But here comes this surplus, and I missed Buy A Gun Day due to being on shift for thirty days straight....

And a local store just happened to have one of these:

Micro 9 Desert Night (DN)

Kimber Micro 9 in Desert Night.  Single stack, 9mm, on a smaller 1911 frame (hammer fired goodness!).  It was in my price range.  It was available.  And it's now in my gun safe.  After I do some range time with it, I'll be tucking it in to my rotation of carry guns. 

Yeah, right.  "Tucking it in".  I'll be carrying that gun more than the media carries the Democrat Party's water.

No comments: