Thursday, September 12, 2019

I'm for it





About the only processed carbohydrates we consume at the Ragin' Castle is whiskey.  All other carbs are either unprocessed, or as unprocessed as we can get while still keeping to recipes.  Processed foods are absent, because they are nothing more than empty calories.

Yes, it does cost a bit more.  But it's worth it.

As for adding sun:  Sunlight makes you produce Vitamin D.  Vitamin D is actually a hormone, not a vitamin, but by the time they had discovered the difference it was decided to just keep calling it vitamin D.  Vitamin D does many things:  It helps your body absorb and use calcium, and it helps with your mood.  It literally wards off depression, which is why so many folks up North need UV lights in their house during the winter time.  Get out.  Exercise.  Take Vitamin D if you live up North, and I'm not talking just Alaska.  All the states north of the Mason-Dixon line should be taking vitamin D as a daily thing.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I went wheat and grain free about 25 days ago and feel great. I also dropped about 14 lbs already. I thought it would be sort of hard when I finally committed to the program, but it's be surprisingly easy. The only hard part is getting enough calories every day. I end up many, many days at about 700 calories which is just not enough for the level of work I do.

Ragin' Dave said...

Protein. Protein. And more protein. Veggies are great, but they don't give you the nutrition you need. So eat 'em up, but eat more protein. Cheese, yogurt, meats, nuts, they're all good.