Saturday, November 10, 2018

Range Report

Took the new Ruger to the range.  There were a few hiccups in the first couple of magazines.  A couple of FTF, at least one where the case didn't eject all the way and got caught in the chamber as the slide closed.  I put about 200 rounds through it yesterday, and I tried all kinds of ammo.  The cheap plinking ammo is where I had problems - I tried Gold Dot, Sig Sauer and Hornady hollowpoints, and they all fed/cycled just fine.  Like I said, the problems were only in the first couple of mags.  After that, the gun ate everything I threw at it.  So maybe the springs needed to be beaten into submission before they operated properly.

Came home, and found my Talon grips in the mail.  So I put them on last night.



That's SEXY right there.....  I do find it humorous that I got my hot-weather carry gun just as the weather here turns cold and wet.  It'll go into my carry rotation anyways; the Mrs. decided that she wasn't in love with her Vedder holster so she gave it to me.  Also ordered a LC9 shell for my Alien Gear holster, which the Mrs. might just steal when it comes in.  That's a comfortable holster.  The Vedder is smaller, which will come in handy depending on what I'm wearing.

Anyways, there it is.  Mine all mine.

No comments: