Monday, October 01, 2018

Back to life, back to reality

Back to the drudgery of a desk with a computer and a couple monitors.  I hate desk work.  I hate admin work.  I hate doing all the work so that other, younger people can go do the things that I want to do.  And quite honestly, I'm looking forward to retirement more and more every time I fire up the computer and check my work email.

I'm not going to quit working, I just don't ever want to make my living doing data analysis and spreadsheets and running administrative paperwork back and forth.  That's not my idea of fun.  Not at all.

3 comments:

p2 said...

be very careful what you wish for.... refer to my earlier comment about bullshit & paychecks. the clowns truly run the vast majority of circuses....

Ragin' Dave said...

The Mrs and I are already working on a business plan. We aim to work for ourselves, own our business. Being retired military will help with that somewhat.

p2 said...

smart..... i'm doin the same.. looking at starting a 1 man contracting business whoring myself out to shops needing a hand fixing airplanes. figure i can undercut the national guys by about 50% and im already up here.... gotta be better than dealing with maintenance managers who couldn't pick a screwdriver out of a tool lineup if ya spotted them the hammer and pliers.....