Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Nike done shit itself, it seems....

So, Nike decided that putting noted Castro-lover and cop-insulter Colin Kaepernick on their new advert was a good idea.

Uh....  nope.

Now, I'm going going to boycott Nike over this.  In order to boycott them, I would have to first purchase their products, and I don't buy Nike crap.  It's cheap, over-priced, Chinese-made junk, all of it, and I haven't worn a pair of Nike shoes since 1994.  Then they stopped making the line I was wearing (Air Pegasus) and I moved on to other running shoes.  Once I found serious running shoes like New Balance and Saucony, I never gave Nike or any of the other big brands another thought.  If you walk into a store dedicated to running, you won't find Nike.  You won't find Addidas or any of the other fancy, slick marketing garbage that you see in Big 5 or Dicks.  That's because they suck.

Right now I'm running in Altra.  Previously I've used Merril, Vibram Five Fingers, and of course the previously mentioned New Balance and Saucony.  Once I found real running shoes, I have never put another Nike on my feet.

Their clothing is also over-priced, but not as crappy as their shoes.

Anyway, I said all that just to say that I can't boycott anything that I'm not buying to begin with.  So Nike can go ahead and tie Kaepernick's anchor to their sales and toss it overboard.  Pathetic bastards.  I guess all the pot smoke in Oregon finally got to their board members and made them think this was a good idea.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

From what I've heard Nike is losing their ass in the stock market.

Ragin' Dave said...

Good. They could have stayed out of politics and just sold crappy shoes, but they had to dip their toes into the culture war. Let them suffer for it.