Saturday, November 11, 2017

Da music of my yoot

The 80's, musically, sucked.  Oh, there were some good bands, but the synth-heavy, breathy gay-boy sound like Duran Duran was ruling supreme, and quite honestly once a guy hit puberty that lost it's appeal.  Hell, even before my nuts dropped I was still making fun of George Michael.  When he came out as gay nobody was shocked.

So my tastes were formed by my Father, who favored jazz and classical, and my brother, who favored heavy metal.  So I would listen to Bach, Gershwin, and Ellington one minute, and Judas Priest and Iron Maiden the next.

And then, sometime in the late 80's, these bands started coming out playing...  real music.  Me being a drummer, I rejoiced in music where the beat didn't come from a Casio keyboard.  So....



One of my favorite bands from that era.

That song got me laid.  A lot.  Both singing it and playing it.

No comments: