Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Well, that was a bust

Out of the house at 0400 this morning on my way to Ft. Belvoir to see if my eyes can be fixed.  Short version:  no, they can't.

Back home 11 hours later.

There's an Implantable Collamer Lens that could fix my vision.  It's sold and used all over the world.  Guess what country's government bureaucracy says that it's not approved for use?

Yep.  

I'm kind of at the point of saying "Fuck the FDA" on top of all the other alphabet organizations that need to be defunded and destroyed.

1 comment:

0007 said...

Sounds as if you need to be thinking about a Mexican medical-vacation.
When I was in China back in '07-'08 a dentist I saw there told me I could get a complete set of implants top and bottom done at a hospital for the equivalent of about $8K. The same over here would have cost in excess of $28K at that time. (I shoulda taken a few sick days and had it done.)