Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Nope


Once again, I'm not willing to go out and be surrounded by drunk morons, yahoos, idiots, and various other sundry detritus that tends to collect in bars and clubs and behind the wheel of vehicles on New Year's Eve.

Hell, I doubt I'll even stay up to ring in the New Year.  No point in it.  Not for me, anyways.  It's just another year.

Maybe that makes me old and grumpy, I don't know.  But to be honest with you, I never really enjoyed New Year's parties even when I was in my twenties.  Why spend that much money on crappy alcohol surrounded by people with the manners of water buffalo with a bad temper and a case of hemorrhoids?

The Mrs. and I will be staying home, popping a bottle of bubbly that I bottled a while ago.  And that's perfectly fine with me.

No comments: