Monday, July 20, 2015

Arm the troops

Kurt Schlichter lays it out:

Shamefully, instead of preparing our warriors to confront the enemy, there is talk of having our servicemen and women shed their uniforms and hide inside their offices behind armed guards. That’s right – for the sake of a politician’s narrative and the careers of a few desk jockeys, we will take law enforcement off the streets to stand guard over some of history’s fiercest warriors rather than allow them access to the tools of their trade. 
It’s shameful. And it’s personal. Major John Gaffaney was an officer in 2nd Brigade, 40th Infantry Division, when I was in 1stBrigade. I don’t remember him that well, but we would both be part of the pack of captains and lieutenants at the rear of the Division briefing room back in the day. MAJ Gaffaney was shot dead by Nidal Hasan at Fort Hood. He was killed attacking that traitorous piece of slime with a chair.

I'm qualified on the M16/M4 and the M9.  Back when I was in a line unit, I was also qualified on the M2, Mk19 and M249.  My qualification score for the M9 pistol is 40 out of 40.

But the gutless wimps up the chain don't think I'm qualified to carry a pistol to protect myself.  They didn't think those Marines were qualified to carry and protect themselves.  How'd that work out, anyway?


1 comment:

Crotalus said...

Warriors are to remain unarmed behind armed guards??? Does anyone in power not see the irony in that? it's so dense you can't even cut it! These people are insane!