Thursday, June 05, 2014

"Love" doesn't mean "Peace"

One of my biggest complains with modern Christianity today is the common attempt to turn God into a flower-power hippy love-child.  "But God is LOVE, man!  God loves you!"

Yes, he does.  And, like a father loves his son, he will not hesitate to beat you if necessary.  Like a Soldier loves his brother-in-arms, he will give you the ability to lay a righteous smack-down when needed.

Og has been getting all manufacture-ish, and put out a set of pistol grips that I friggin' love.  That particular bit of scripture is my email tag-line.  PS 144.  "Blessed be the Lord my God, who teaches my hands to fight and my fingers to war."

Does that sound like Hippy Jesus to you?


3 comments:

Drumwaster said...

People need to remember that when they ask "What Would Jesus Do?" that flipping over tables and chasing people with a whip are among the options.

Ragin' Dave said...

Oh, that needs to be a bumper sticker somewhere!

Drumwaster said...

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7954037504/h757CB26A/