Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th

I know there is a God, because I've seen the Devil.



Just as Pearl Harbor was the defining event of my Grandfather's time, September 11th is mine.  I can't say the same about all of America - I've met too many people who don't care.  I've met too many people who think that America is the enemy, not the people, the culture, the ideology, the religion that attacked us.

But I know that those people are wrong.

I know that this fight is far from over, and I know that there will be others fighting it long after I'm gone.  But I also know it's a fight that needs to be fought, and won.

Never Forget.



And yeah, I consider the Stars and Stripes Forever to be our unofficial National Anthem.  Now here's the official one:

1 comment:

Bill said...

Best wishes from the UK.

"Grief is the price we pay for love."