Friday, January 07, 2011

The Decline of America

After hearing about how some iPhone glitch is responsible for people oversleeping and getting fired, yada yada yada, I have to ask:

How is it that people who spend hundreds of dollars for a phone can't seem to be able to buy a ten dollar alarm clock and make it work?


Garvey sidestepped questions about whether her tardiness was an isolated incident. She said after paying $300 for her iPhone in September 2009, and $100 each month on her contract, she blames the phone - not Foundry - for her lack of employment.
“It just made me feel angry because I spent all this money on this phone,” she said. “I’m not asking for anything. Maybe an apology.”

Now granted, this girl admits that had she known about the glitch she would have gotten an alarm clock.  But still....  how hard is it to just have a clock in your bedroom?  Why wait until there's a glitch in the phone to buy an alarm clock?  Hell, I've got four alarm clocks, three in the house and one in the garage.  OK, the garage clock is a radio clock that I like to use on occasion when I'm out there working, which is why it's out there in the first place.  Still, why not just use an alarm clock, instead of a phone?

Now let's see here.....$300 for her phone, $100 a month for the contract....  that's exactly why I don't own an iPhone.  I can't afford it.  But then, I'm not a university graduate working as a bartender/waitress either.  I guess those folks make the big bucks.

No comments: