Friday, October 15, 2010

Horse Apples

I've been waiting a bit before I commented on the judge who ruled that Don't Ask Don't Tell was unconstitutional.  I've pondered it a bit, I've scratched my chin, I've thought some more, and I keep coming to the same conclusion.

That judge is just another unelected, unaccountable black robed tyrant who issues judicial fiat like some aristocracy from years ago, and it's bullshit.  Nobody has a Constitutional right to serve in the military.  You have a Constitutional obligation to serve in the unregulated militia if called upon to do so.  But serving in the military isn't a right.

And now some black robed tyrant is going to open up a whole can of worms for the US military, in the pursuit of political correctness.  Hey, did anyone ask the military THEIR FUCKING OPINION?  Well yes, but our opinion doesn't mean shit when it gets in the way of social policy, right?  Fuck the military.  Fuck the troops.  They don't matter, they don't count, there's a social experiment to be performed!  They should just shut up and do what they're told!

Oh, and by the way, I'll still get arrested if I try to shower with the females.  But gay men can shower with me.  Tell me, all you oh so tolerant people out there, is that fair?  Is it fair that someone who is sexually attracted to men gets to see my naked ass, but I can't ogle the ladies?  I mean, that's what this whole deal is about, right?  FAIRNESS.  It's not FAIR that homosexuals can't serve in the military.  It's not FAIR that the military discriminates against gays.  And people with bad eyesight, and people with bad hearing, and people who are overweight, and people who have significant medical problems, but all those other groups don't carry favorite victim status and so they don't really count on the FAIRNESS scale.  What's next for the military?  Seeing-eye dogs, so that blind folks can serve as well?  Well no, that's ridiculous.  But objecting to having to bunk with someone who's sexually attracted to men?  OH MY GOD YOU HOMOPHOBIC BASTARD!  YOU KNUCKLEDRAGGING REDNECK HILLBILLY!

It's bullshit.  And it's going to cause more problems that it solves.  But who cares, right?  It's only the military, and they don't carry favorite victim status either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark Steyn had an article abotu "fairness" and the military a while back. Something about the British armed forces, PC and blind paratroopers who know to pull the cord when their guard dogs' leads go slack....