Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Quote of the day

Pulled from the comments of this post over at Og's place.


The epitaph for the U.S. involvement in Indochina had been given earlier that month before the fall of Phnom Penh in neighboring Cambodia. Just days before his execution at the hands of the Khmer Rouge, Cambodian statesman Sirak Mitak penned a final note to the U.S. ambassador refusing his offer of evacuation.
‘I cannot, alas, leave in such a cowardly fashion. As for you and in particular for your great country, I never believed for a moment that you would have this sentiment of abandoning a people which has chosen liberty….You leave and my wish is that you and your country will find happiness under the sky.
‘But mark it well that, if I shall die here on the spot and in my country that I love, it is too bad because we all are born and must die one day. I have only committed this mistake in believing in you, the Americans.’
http://www.historynet.com/americas-bitter-end-in-vietnam.htm/6


My question is this - when are we going to be forced to hear that from an Iraqi or Afghani thanks to the Marxist Messiah?

No comments: