Within the last week, Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, has introduced several amendments to various pieces of legislation to prohibit ACORN from receiving taxpayer funds and to prevent the group from helping carry out the 2010 census.
- ACORN has evaded taxes, obstructed justice, engaged in self-dealing, and aided and abetted a cover-up of embezzlement by Dale Rathke, the brother of ACORN founder Wade Rathke.
- ACORN has committed investment fraud, deprived the public of its right to honest services, and engaged in racketeering affecting interstate commerce.
- ACORN has committed a conspiracy to defraud the United States by using taxpayer funds for partisan political activities.
- ACORN has submitted false filings to the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor, in addition to violating the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- ACORN falsified and concealed facts concerning an illegal transaction between related parties in violation of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974.
Day by Day
Friday, July 24, 2009
Steps are being taken
to prevent ACORN from getting their stimulus bribe. But, is it a day late and an effort short?