Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ragin' Dave's Quote of the Day

I was speaking to the pianist after choir practice last night. We were discussing a few different things not religion related, and we got to talking about depression, relaxation, and psychology. Now this guy, and I'll call him "Joe", has been around a bit. Professional guitar player, learned the piano to help his congregation and then started playing for my congregation earlier this year. Lived in the states for a good while to go to school, and eventually moved back to Puerto Rico. Anyways, we start talking about psychology, and I find out he's got a PhD. In psychology. He's a licensed psychologist. So I ask him why he's not doing that in Puerto Rico. And he says:

"Dave, I went to America to go to the university there. I got my PhD, and practiced in the States, and in Puerto Rico. And after a while, you know what I realized? PSYCHOLOGY IS NOTHING BUT BULLSHIT. Psychology and the people who practice it have done more harm than good to our society. I didn't want to do that anymore. So now I play music, and I've never been happier."

I have to say, he's an incredible musician.

No comments: