Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I can relate

This here is a bowl full of doggy fun. I was watching a friend's dog over Thanksgiving, and my pooch was a little upset over the intruder into her territory. I noticed that they were arguing over the rawhide chews one day. Well, I took care of that. I went out and bought a two-pound bag of rawhide chews, and scattered them all over the house. For the next week it was like watching the Keystone Kops in canine form; each dog would run around stealing as many chews as they could from the other dog, while the other dog was sneaking chews off of the other's bed. I don't know if that sentence made any sense what so ever, but imagine this:

It starts off with the growling. My dog "GRRRRR!" My friend's dog, who's about one-fourth the size: "GRRRRR!" And it continues like that for about five to ten minutes. GRRRR! GRRRR! GRRR! GRRRRR! Until one dog has to go pee, or go eat, and then the fun begins. My friend's dog runs over to Roxie's bed and snags a rawhide chew. At the same time, Roxie notices that my friend's dog has left his bed, so she goes over and steals one of HIS chews. And this continues for about an hour, with the dogs running in circles stealing and re-stealing the chews until they both pass out from exhaustion.

And for the record, if you can get it where you live, you have to try brewers yeast and garlic on your dogs. It's like puppy crack. And it's good for their coat. I know it helps prevent hot-spots on my dog (where they just lick and chew until they have a raw spot on their hide). We get it in pill form and my dog thinks it's the best treat in the world.

No comments: