Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Another Sad Detail

I have another funeral detail tomorrow. Not a KIA, but someone who died of cancer in the States.

Still, it's never a pleasant detail. Death is death, and grief is grief, no matter how it comes or how it plays out.

There's a lot going on, and I may end up with an Article 15 if the worthless assholes down here don't get their shit together. I've said it before - a funeral is for the family. Yes, we want to honor the dead. Yes, we want to show our respect. But the dead doesn't really care; he's DEAD. We could give him a 21 gun salute or dump him into the ocean, and it doesn't matter to the dead.

But to the FAMILY........ well now, there's a different story.

I've never turned down a funeral detail. Period, end of story. Someone from HQ calls me and says "Dave, we need someone for a funeral detail" and I say "Yes." I wish I could say the same for the rest of the so-called "solders" on this piece of shit island. There are too many people in this command who call themselves a Non-Commissioned Officer, but in reality are nothing more than a pay grade. They're not Sergeants or Staff Sergeants, they're an E-5 or an E-6.

Any NCO's will probably know what I mean.

But that's a story for another day. As for me, I'm going to bed. See you all later, providing that I don't break my foot off in the ass of some idiotic, whiny, sniveling, spineless, greedy, worthless festering pus-bubble that dares call himself a "Soldier".

No comments: