Saturday, June 16, 2007

Marine Corps General Pace

Has more honor and integrity in his left nostril than Dingy Harry Reid has in his entire body, plus a couple more Democrat American Communist Party congresscritters combined. From an interview with Gen. Pace:

One thing that was discussed was whether or not I should just voluntarily retire and take the issue off the table. I said I could not do that for one very fundamental reason and that is that PFC Pace in Baghdad should not think – ever – that his chairman, whoever that person is, could have stayed in the battle and voluntarily walked off the battlefield. That is unacceptable as a leadership thing in my mind.

So I elected not to submit my request for retirement until after it was publicly known that I was no longer going to be renominated.

That is very important to me. The other part that is important to me is personal. The first piece holds true for anybody in this position – anybody.

The other piece for me personally was that some 40 years ago I left some guys on the battlefield in Vietnam who lost their lives following 2nd Lt. Pace. And I promised myself then that I will serve this country until I was no longer needed — that it’s not my decision. I need to be told that I’m done.

I’ve been told I’m done.

I will run through the finish line on 1 October, and when I run through the finish line I will have met the mission I set for myself.
Honor, integrity, commitment - something that Congress couldn't find if it's collective lives depended on it. And a man with has all three in abundance is getting kicked to the curb for political expediency.

Fuck Congress. Fuck them gently with a chainsaw.

No comments: