Monday, April 09, 2007

One Step Forward

Two steps back. I've been doing some maintenance on the ol' truck. Basic stuff. Change the oil and oil filter. Change the air filter. Change the fuel filter.

Problem is, it seems the fuel pump wanted to be changed as well. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. So tomorrow is going to be spent on a series of tests to try and find the problem. And if it is the fuel pump, that means I get to drop the fuel tank, empty it, and remove the fuel pump from it before I can replace it. Yes, I'm one of those lucky people who has the fuel pump in the gas tank type vehicle. For all the repairs I've done on this truck, I'm still constantly amazed at how the designers managed to shoehorn everything into it. Don't even ask me what it's like just to change the sparkplugs.

Anyways, that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. And why I haven't posted much.

No comments: