Monday, September 25, 2006

Random Thoughts on a Monday Night

The Raging Mrs. is involved in a craft project in the back room, and since I enjoy sports more than she does, and I have Monday Night Football on the tube, she's got her MP3 player plugged in and on close to full blast.

Which wouldn't be newsworthy, except for the fact that she's singing along to the songs. Which again, wouldn't be worth a post, only instead of the Loreena McKennitt she was listening to earlier, she's now moved on to Pink Floyd. Which means that instead of hearing "Mummer's Dance" coming from the back room, I was blessed with the sound of her screaming "YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT!!!!!!"

So I cooked a steak and chowed down. Hey, who's gonna argue with a woman like that?

Anyways, while watching the pregame crap for MNF - Green Day came on. Now, I was a big Green Day fan from way back. But their first album came out over a decade ago (I think I'm dating myself here) and then they got progressivly..... well..... softer. And then they got all political. They went from sticking up a big middle finger to the world, to begging the world to stop being so mean to them. So I stopped paying attention to them.

Now, looking at them on the TV, I can understand why I stopped buying their music. Since when did Armstrong go from being a punk-rocker guy to some wierd sort of modernistic woman?

By the way, would someone tell the network knuckleheads that Reggie Bush is only one man, not the second coming of Touchdown Jesus? Ron Jaworski was talking about how many different formations Bush has been involved in this year, and I swear I saw Micheal Irvin whip out his schmeckel and start rubbing one out right on network TV. Look, it's one guy, and I don't care how damn talented you are, you need more than one guy to win football games. Doubt me? Go as Brett Favre how many playoff games he's been in once Green Bay started leaking players. John Elway got to a few Superbowls, but he didn't win jack squat until Terrel Davis showed up and started busting out 1000+ yard seasons. Then it's two rings and a retirement, thankyouverymuch.

Yeah, Bush is good. But he's only one guy. When the rest of the team plays up to his level, I'll start buying the hype. And if he gets injured at all this season, you can expect the Saints to fold like a house of cheap cards. When you build your base on one man, and that man goes down, then you go down with him.

Now if you excuse me, the wife has moved on to Nine Inch Nails, and I know what song is coming up next.

Yeah. That one. It's a good night to be me.

No comments: