Saturday, June 03, 2006

Under the needle

Going for another tattoo today. Why? Because I can. You can call me a freak if you want, but I mark my life on my skin. Ever tat I have has meaning to it, so that when I'm retired and my nephew asks me why I have "that" on my arm or back, I can tell him exactly why I have it and when I got it.

And you can't see a damn one if I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I can still look professional. That's key, no matter how many people want to sneer at the thought. Unless you hit the lottery, there's not many ways for some guy with a tattooed face to make a good living. It can happen, but when I see a guy with spiders tattooed up his neck and onto his face, I know that I'm looking at a guy who's going to be on the lower end of the pay scale for a large portion of his life. Is it fair? No. But that's the way life works. Not too many CEO's with "Live Free" tattooed across their foreheads.

Maybe at Harley-Davidson. But that's only one company.

In any case, I'll see if I can post a picture later for your amusement.

No comments: