Saturday, November 05, 2005

Random Thoughts

Rioting in Paris is on it's ninth day. It's amazing to me that 1) all the French government can do is wring their heads and whine "Can't we all get along?"

I knew the French government was corrupt and incompetent, but having the level of incompetence exposed is a shock. Much like the heat-wave deaths of a couple summers ago, the French government has been exposed as the whimpering, jelly-spined cowards and crooks they truly are. And this is the country the Left wants to emulate?

No thanks. I'll keep my spine just where it is.

In other news, you might remember the name Marc Rich. He's the slimeball who bought a was given a pardon by Bill Clinton just before Clinton left office.

He's back to his old tricks.

Former American fugitive Marc Rich was a middleman for several of Iraq's suspect oil deals in February 2001, just one month after his pardon from President Clinton, according to oil industry shipping records obtained by ABC News.

And a U.S. criminal investigation is looking into whether Rich, as well as several other prominent oil traders, made illegal payments to Iraq in order to obtain the lucrative oil contracts.


I know that this is an old story, but I just saw it on the news last night for the first time, and I thought that maybe other people hadn't seen it either. But the whole reason I bring this up is to simply highlight the link between the Clintons and corruption.

Everything Clinton touched was corrupted. He was very careful about not letting a direct link between the crime and himself be connected, but it's always one or two people away. Why would Clinton pardon a white collar criminal with no obvious ties to anyone that Clinton knew? Out of the sheer goodness of his heart? Did Clinton pick Rich's name out of a hat and say "Golly gee, I'm gonna pardon him today!"

Hell no. There was a large amount of money that changed hands. I don't have any proof of it, but either Clinton was paid for Rich's pardon, or he's the stupidest man on the face of the earth. And of course, once Rich recieved his pardon, he went right back into the business of crime and corruption.

Disgusting.

Anyways, I just wanted to write that down before I collapsed. I'm sick as a dog and trying to get better. Vick's VaporRub is my friend right now, as well as the drugs that TMC gave me when I went in on Monday.

Bleah. I always seem to get sick around the Sep-Nov time frame every damn year. Think it's my body telling me to lay down?

No comments: