Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Seattle Virus

There's gotta be one, because every time I leave Seattle and then come back, I end up getting sick. I don't know if it's just the stress of returning to this hell hole, or if there actually is a virus around here that attacks me every time I return.

Blah.

In any case, my recent absence has been due to me being laid up yet again by some damn virus. I'm not 100% healthy as of yet, but I'm doing much better. A note of more cheer - I'll be out of here within a week. I'm going to my drill this weekend, and I won't be coming back here. The wife will be joining me at the end of January, when I'll hopefully have a house ready for her to walk in to. Coeur d'Alene, here we come!

By the way, did ya hear about the dumb-ass police chief who broke several cardinal rules of responsible gun ownership? Yep, this Darwin runner-up left his personal weapon (a Glock 26 9mm)in a city-issued unmarked Ford Crown Victoria in Downtown Seattle for several hours the day after Christmas. When he returned.... OOOPS! No gun! Ah, the joys of living in Seattle, where Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske provides just the example of why I'm getting the hell out. And from what I heard on the news last night, there was no evidence of a forced entry into the car.

That means that the idiot left the damn thing unlocked. With a loaded weapon inside.

The only bright note is that since it was his personal weapon, not his issue piece, the city won't have to spend my tax dollars on buying him a new gun. And I'll be laughing at this mudpit of a town as I drive away from it. GOOD BYE, SEATTLE! I knew ye too well.

Anywho, I'm going to surf around a bit and try to get caught up on the news. Hopefull I'll post more today.

No comments: