Monday, November 15, 2004

I think I'm going to be sick....

....because of this.

"I got down on my bended knees and begged and begged for Luke's life," Mrs Winston-Jones said last night. "I was weeping and saying: 'For the love of God, my baby is dying. You can save him, you know you can. There is nothing in the court ruling that prevents you giving him adrenaline. Save my little boy.' But the doctor wouldn't do it.

"He just stood there, cold as ice. He kept saying: 'I am not giving him adrenaline.' That was all he would say. I told him he was breaking the law, but he said he wasn't."

When Mrs Winston-Jones accused the doctor of doing nothing for her dying child and wagged her finger at him, security officers were called. "The doctor said to me: 'We are going to stop the heart massage now and Luke will die. I think he should be in your arms."

As the doctors left, Mrs Winston-Jones cuddled her dying son. "I kept telling him I loved him and I was sorry that I could not make them save him."


This is state run medicine, folks. This is the government telling you that they're not going to save your son's life because it's "not in his best intrests". This is the government TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR SON'S BEST INTRESTS ARE!

In America, I've seen a doctor literally kneeling on top of a patient, doing CPR and screaming "DON'T YOU FUCKING DIE ON ME, YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH! YOU DO NOT DIE IN MY EMERGENCY ROOM!"

In Great Britain, doctors stand by while a child dies, and they don't do anything. Because in Great Britain, the State decides who can get medical treatment.

Not in my fucking country.

Found at Claudia's Place.

No comments: