Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Random Thoughts and neuron firings.

First of all....

Other than the conservative blogosphere, have you heard much about the Australian elections? I didn't think so. My two local fishwraps had tiny blurbs that basically stated "John Howard won." Now I know that many American news outlets tend towards American-centric news, but considering that Howard won by a large margin, and that this election had massive connotations about how Australia interacts with the rest of the world and America in particular, you would think that the press would give it a little more weight. Tim Blair has been all over it. This is much bigger news than the American mass media would have you believe, and has connotations that will effect Iraq, Afghanistan, and the continuing war on terror.

John Kerry said he wants to get terrorism back to simply being a "nuisance".

Excuse me?

I don't think there has been a statement John Fonda Kerry made that more clearly shows that he is unfit to be president. Talk about September 10th style of thinking! Tell me John, was terrorism a "nuisance" when they only blew up the BASEMENT of the World Trade Center? Was terrorism only a "nuisance" when they blew up the USS Cole? Was terrorism only a "nuisance" when they were attacking US embassies in Africa, or the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia?

John Fonda Kerry obviously has no problem with being killed slowly, a death by a thousand suicide bombs rather than one big mushroom cloud. There's a bigger problem with that thinking; allowing terrorist to remain a "nuisance" gives them the opportunity to build that nuke, or that bio-weapon, and all of a sudden the many little deaths are followed by the big attack.

Just like on September 11th. Terrorism was only a "nuisance" until they flew planes into New York City, into landmarks of our country, and ended the lives of three thousand people, hurting thousands more. How many lives were changed that day? How many children lost their parents? How many people lost their spouses, how many people came home to an empty house because terrorism had been allowed to exist as a simple "nuisance"?

In one interview, John Fonda Kerry demonstrated that he is unfit to be in charge of this country. I only hope that enough people heard that comment.

Gratuitous commercial announcment: Ammo Day is coming. Kim is asking everyone to buy at least 100 rounds of their favorite ammo on November 19th, to send a message to any gun grabbing congresscritters. The effect of billions of rounds of ammo being bought on the same day does have a large effect, as well as supports your local gun shops/ammo dealers. If you don't own a gun, why not buy 100 rounds for a friend who does? Besides, you know you're going to use it eventually!

And who wouldn't want to roll into their favorite ammo shop with their brand spanking new Molon Labe sticker on their vehicle? I know most people who read my stuff here already have one, but let your gun owning friends know about them.

And admit it, "Molon Labe" sounds a hell of a lot better than "From my cold, dead hands". Because the latter phrase implies that you're dead. And I don't know about you, but I'd rather be alive and flipping the bird at the gun grabbers, screaming "Come and get them!" than dead. Maybe that's just me.

And lastly, this will be me final post for a couple of weeks. I'm going on vacation, a well deserved break. I think that I've been burning the candle at both ends for a bit too long, and my heath kinda took a downward turn at the end of it all. I'm still coughing a bit, but for the most part I'm healthy again, and I'd like to make sure that I stay that way. So, I'm getting in my truck and heading east. I'll be in Idaho for a week, and then I'll be heading to Montana, then maybe South and West for a while. After Idaho, I'm just going to throw a dart at a map and go where ever I hit. I'll take the backroads to get there, and relax. Me, the dog, and .... well, not the girlfriend.

You see, the Raging Girlfriend and I have figured out that our situation just wasn't working out. We both agreed that the current life was just not working for us, and we needed a change. I had a wondeful time dating her for over three years, but we both needed something more.

That's why on Sunday, October 17th, the Raging Girlfriend will become my lawfully wedded wife, and I'll become her lawfully wedded husband, until death do us part.

Yeah, we're getting married. C'mon, you didn't think I was gonna let her get away, did you? The woman flat out rocks! And she gets a kick about of being referred to as the "Raging Wife". We're getting married in Idaho, surrounded by family and friends, in a semi-traditional ceremony. Pictures may be forthcoming, depending on if I feel like it or not.

So when I return in two weeks, I'll be a married man. Hopefully I'll be rested, fit, healthy, and ready to rock and roll. Election time is fast approaching, and when I return I'll be blogging on it with my typical subtlety. Which is to say - none. However, until then I'm not touching a computer once I leave the house. Between getting married and camping with my new wife, I'm going to be a bit .... (ahem) BUSY to be getting online and blogging. (wink wink, nudge nudge, knowwhatImean?)

I'll see you all in two weeks! Tim, TVE, Bayou, keep kicking liberal ass while I'm gone!

No comments: