Saturday, April 17, 2004

Linky Love!

The Blastorama went well. There were only four of us this week, but we still had a good time. After last week, I needed some practice to make myself a little confident again. Let it be said that the .22 rifle I used at Ivan's was not my cup of tea. My little bolt-action, however, works wonderfully.

But I thought I would again share some items that I read, from a variety of different places.

Wretchard from the Belmont Club has a letter from a Chaplain in Fallujah, with his own worthy commentary.

Cold Fury has links to a bunch of damn good posts - my favorites are The Degeneration of the Democratic Party, a missive written by a sane Democrat (possibly soon-to-be former Democrat). The characterization that the writer puts forth made me chuckle for a bit, and then I realized that A) the writer isn't joking, and B) it's not really funny -

In a way, what the Democratic party is now is somewhat like a first wife thought about at a safe distance from the divorce. You know you loved her at some point but you can't really remember why. You know she was beautiful to you then, but now you can only see the ruins of that beauty, and you are glad you got the best years. You know that, yes, you must have been happy with her and had a lot of good times. But now you can't remember where or when. In fact, when you think about her now you can't really believe you wasted all those declining years with here just because you believed that somehow, some time, she would grow sane, beautiful, and young again.

Life and politics though don't run backwards. One the hardest things to learn in life is when to leave, that's why we're always leaving late. It's not that the Republicans are running the most decent game in town. It is only that lately they seem to be the only game in town, at least the only one that puts America first. That's why I'm getting on their train. At least to the next stop.


Mile also links to a righteous bitch-slapping, delivered by Michele Malkin. Hot, smart, sane conservative women! Argh, argh, argh......

Curmudgeonly and Skeptical brings us some good news about a terrorist leader who's off to be Satan's BDSM slave in hell. He also links to a National Post article which re-affirms my belief that outside of Quebec and Ottowa, the rest of Canada is rather sane. The title of the piece?

America must find its national purpose to beat the terrorists
It will need to reconsider decades of ultra-liberalism


Yow... And the Grouchy Old Cripple has given us a (not safe for work) post that inspired me to write a little ditty....

Voluptuous vixens with rifles and shotguns.
You'll be hard pressed to decide who's the hot one.
Women all bouncy with birds on a string,
These are a few of my favorite things!


I did mention that they're NOT SAFE FOR WORK, didn't I? Good.

That's all for today. I'll see you all later.

No comments: