Saturday, October 10, 2015

Remember the movie "Dune"?

Loved the book, by the way.  LOVED IT.  The movie was kinda "meh", but that's what happens when you try to pack a book like Dune into an hour-and-a-half movie.

Anyways, in the movie there's this one mantra from a Mentat where he goes off - "It is by Will alone I set my mind in motion"....

Anyways, I'm not a Mentat, nor to I play one one TV, but I do enjoy some good Sci-Fi drama and I'm a caffeine addict like most geeks are, and well..



It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed
The hands acquire shakes
The shakes become a warning
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion



I'm going to print that out and have it pinned to the wall above my desk.  See who recognizes it. 

4 comments:

Crotalus said...

I remember "Dune". The book was great, the movies so-so. and the odd thing is, I have a small desert-dwelling snake that I named "Arrakis". So, what kind of geek does that make me?

Ragin' Dave said...

I dunno... my kind of geek? Heh.

Gerry N. said...

HAH! I tried keeping snakes as "pets" when I was a kid. We had a rangy old cat named Shaitan, he was shiny black and devious as a teen age girl. He also weighed about 20# or a bit more. He knocked the terrarium my California bull snakes were in onto the floor and ate all three of 'em. since I liked Shaitan more than I did snakes, I gave up trying to keep any critter that weighed less than about 30 pounds. Shaitan would just eat 'em.

He got along with Crazy Bill, a mutt the vet said was most likely half akita and half pit bull. Old C-B came in the house one day when it was raining like crazy and never moved out. CB and Shaitan slept together on my bed. Yeah it was a bit crowded. My Mom wanted to get 'em fixed but I said neither of 'em was broken and if she tried it, I was moving out and takin' 'em with me. I did about four years later when I married my girl friend. That was forty seven years ago. We're still workin' up to our first good fight. It will likely make the national news. Why that woman puts up with me, I have yet to figure out. I think I fell in love with her because she's blond and sweet, the way I like my coffee.

I've never had any critters that were as easy to get along with or as fun to have around as those two, I still miss 'em.

Ragin' Dave said...

I used to own a Columbian Red-Tailed boa named "Ziggy". I would wear him around my neck like a necklace while I puttered around the house in the morning. I had to give him up when I moved from Kansas, as he wouldn't have survived the trip. One of the game wardens on post had a daughter who absolutely loved snakes, so I gave Ziggy to her.

I can't say I'd get another snake right now. Two dogs takes up most my time.