Monday, October 05, 2015

It's called "Surrender"

World's first Lesbian Bishop calls for church to remove crosses, point way to Mecca.

I just....  I mean, OK, it's not the Catholic Church, but shouldn't a Christian Bishop defend their flock?

Calling Muslim guests to the church “angels“, the Bishop later took to her official blog to explain that removing Christian symbols from the church and preparing the building for Muslim prayer doesn’t make a priest any less a defender of the faith. Rather, to do any less would make one “stingy towards people of other faiths”.

Well, I'm certain the muslims in Sweden appreciate her surrender.  Now she just needs to wear a burkha like a good infidel and be stoned to death for her homosexuality, and the muslims will be appeased!

I'm certain that'll work out just fine, right?  Right?  Or maybe not.  Maybe, just maybe, a person who claims to be a leader in a Christian church ought to defend their faith against people who would murder you for daring to not bow to their pedophile prophet.  Although an actively lesbian bishop is about as "Christian" as a goat in a mitre, so anything she does or doesn't do really can't be considered out of bounds.

And in other news, the Vatican has fired a bishop who came out as gay.

"I have to say who I am. I am a gay priest. I am a happy and proud gay priest," 

No, you are not.  You are not a priest, anymore than a man cheating on his wife is a "husband".  Your boyfriend with whom you violate your vows of celibacy on a daily basis is not your "husband" either.

Look folks, if I cheated on my wife, if I was unfaithful, if I broke the vows of chastity that I took when I married her, would you listen to me on any matter of morals?  And yes, when you get married you take a vow of chastity, to be faithful to your wife and your wife only.  A priest, when he is ordained, takes a vow of celibacy, no sexual contact with anyone, period.  He is supposed to be faithful to the church he serves.

A priest who violates those vows, and then stands up and says he is happy and proud, is not any kind of a priest that needs to be followed or listened to.  He should be prayed for.  He should be pitied, for having fallen so deep into sin that he celebrates the perverted and shuns the sacred vows he took.  But he should absolutely be removed and de-frocked.

Look, it's simple.  You can believe in Christianity, and in Christian values.  Or you can believe in modern values that have little to do with Christianity.  But if you hold to the latter, you cannot claim to be a priest of the former.

No comments: