If X is an unknown quantity, and a spurt is a drip of water under pressure, then an expert is an unknown drip under pressure.
Read this list of seven foods that used to be bad for you.
1. Coconut oil: never really used it, and to be blunt, I never really heard anything about it until now, but let's just lay out for the point of argument that the "experts" were wrong about it.
2. Coffee. "It'll stunt your growth! Blah blahblahblah!" Yeah, whatever. I've been drinking the stuff since I was 14, and I'm taller than everyone in my family except my brother. And I won't get into what he did to stunt his growth.
3. Whole Milk: At this point, if you're still afraid of a normal amount of fat in your diet, you've been brainwashed by the FDA and various other government entities.
4. Salt: The great heart killer, right? Sodium! OOOOooooOOOOOOooooooo! Except that if you exercise regularly, you know you need salt. When I went to my first Estrella War, the snacks for the fighters involved pickles, pretzels and orange slices. We wanted to get salt into them, because they've been sweating so much that without the salt they would go into various forms of heat injury, no matter how much water they drank. You need salt to survive, folks.
5. Chocolate: Dude, if chocolate were that bad for you, entire generations of women would have died off by now. They did not. Point made.
6. Popcorn: Because the death rate for Americans increased when popcorn was invented? No it didn't..... so why consider it bad?
7. Eggs: I've spoken about this before. Eggs are a wonderful source of protein, not to mention that they perform so many different roles in the kitchen that modern cuisine probably wouldn't exist without them. Let me give you just one example: Mayonnaise.
So many government experts have been wrong about food for so long that I'm amazed that anyone actually listens to the crap that spews out of their mouths. You want to know what foods to eat? Take a gander at what folks have been doing for centuries. What did they eat? You want to know what happened if they didn't eat the foods they needed? THEY DIED. You don't see too many vegans in Colonial America, m'kay?