Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Well golly gee darn, the writers strike is causing talk shows to stop filming

 Huh.  What a shame.  Truly it is.  My heart is like, troubled and stuff.

The late night shows hosted by Jimmy KimmelStephen ColbertJimmy Fallon, and Seth Meyers will cease production on Tuesday as a union of Hollywood screenwriters initiates a strike.

Have I mentioned that I don't own a TV?  And have I mentioned that the only way I would watch that kind of garbage is if you paid me to do so, and even then my remuneration would have to be very high in order for me to sit through that crap?

If I want to watch sports, I'll go to a bar that's showing the game that I want to watch.  And even then sitting through the commercials is almost unbearable.  The politics, the indoctrination via media signals, as far more blatant when you've not allowed it into your house.  If you want to see just how bad media truly is, turn it off for a month.  Read come books.  Get the classics in physical form, and start your own library.  Get your news from reputable sources, or at least sources who's bias you already know.  Remove yourself from the TV hellscape, and then peek back in after a month.

You'll be shocked at just how bad it is, and just how much you had let the propaganda surround you.

Anyways, the only one of those people listed that I think might be an OK person is Fallon.  The rest of them can piss off into unemployment land for all eternity, and I wouldn't shed a tear.  If I want to listen to sneering idiots who provide no real benefit to society have ignorant discussions on politics and modern life I'll traipse down to the local university and listen to the professors there.  But I won't bring that crap into my house.  And it's nice not having a worthless black box taking up space in the living room.  

We have bookshelves.

No comments: