Saturday, April 29, 2023

Back in SLC

 So, the retirement process was at Ft Carson.  And God Bless the wonderful people at the Ft. Carson SRP center, as they managed to get done what needed to get done despite HRC's best attempt to fuck things up beyond repair.  I have nothing but good things to say regarding Ft. Carson, and nothing but ill to speak of HRC.

I started driving at 0730 this morning, and made SLC by 1800.

Tomorrow we drive up to Idaho, where I won't have to move ever again.  Needless to say, posting is going to be light.

3 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

It really didn't dawn on me that I was retiring and checking out till I checked out with security, and they read me out. Thus ended my 40+ years with the DON.

And to you as we say in the Navy "Fair winds and following seas"

It's a nautical phrase of good luck and farewell to someone who departs on a voyage in life.

Art said...

Hooah

p2 said...

Time to toss those stereo boxes. Wait till you have to figure out what to wear each day at your next gig.