Friday, October 07, 2022

A little sore

 So the parents have a creek behind their house.  Over the years the creek has moved it's bed hither and yon depending on how much snow we get and how hard it melts.

As of late, the creek bed has been eroding more "hither" than "yon", so I've spent the past three days hauling chunks of concrete and stone from a neighbor's house (he had re-modeled and has a pile of concrete he removed from his basement) to the backyard and reenforcing the bank.  Several spots were in rough shape; there was one bend where the creek had eaten away underneath a rather large fir tree.  I filled that as well as I could, then lined it with chunks of concrete.  All in all, I took ten trips up to the concrete pile.  It's reduced in size quite a bit.

My back has let me know that it's not very happy.

More whiskey in my future.

No comments: