Sunday, September 11, 2022

September 11th

 Does anyone really remember what happened?

Maybe not.  It's been over twenty years now.  I'm dealing with kids now who weren't alive when it happened.  I'm talking kids in the Army.  They have no memory of the event because it happened before they were born.

I wonder if a lot of people felt this way about Pearl Harbor.  Did my grandparents ever look at me and say to themselves that I would never understand?

As for me, well...  had September 11th never happened, I never would have re-enlisted.  I would have gone on my happy merry way as a civilian and done I don't know what.   But here I am, looking at my retirement coming closer and closer.  And then I'll go back to being a civilian and doing I don't know what, so we're kinda on the same end point there.

But I can never forget the way I felt when I saw the towers come down.  How do I impart that kind of thing to the kids today?  I don't know.

I need more coffee.

No comments: