Friday, September 30, 2022

A damn good explanation of why Nordstream went kaboom.

 And it has nothing to do with sabotage.  

Sigh. I shouldn’t do this, but …

I call them “incidents” for a reason. I grew up in overseas oilfields. I try to, by training, observe everything from as objectively neutral a viewpoint as possible.

In my experience when anything involving energy-industry hydrocarbons explodes … well, sabotage isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. And honestly, when it comes to a pipeline running natural gas under Russian (non)maintenance, an explosion means that it’s Tuesday. Or Friday. Or another day of the week ending in “y”.

Look, I wouldn't put it past Drooling Joe's puppet masters to blow up the pipeline.  But there's other reasons that make just as much sense, if not more.

No comments: