Saturday, January 18, 2020

Mmmmmm.... Venison.....

A co-worker of mine, who enjoyed partaking of my home made sausage, told me last week that he wanted to learn how to do it.  So today I spent some time at his house with my stuffer and grinder.  He had venison.  Oh, yes.

So after a brief tutorial, we started cranking away.  Came out with fifteen pounds of sausage in three different flavors.  He didn't quite like the flavor of the last batch, I mentioned possibly smoking that batch to get a different flavor, and he handed it all over to me and said "Enjoy!"

So I'm about to pull it out of the smoker right now.  I've had it on mesquite for about five hours now, so it'll be a good smoked cured sausage.  I'll give him back about half of it, because he's a damn good guy and he loves smoked meats.

Of course, we had to cook up a few links to make sure it all tasted good.  His wife walked in to the kitchen and started drooling.

My work is done.

No comments: