Tuesday, October 01, 2019

The To-Do list never stops

I had managed to knock huge chunks off the to-do list.  The bike is up and running.  School work completed for the month.  Got my re-certification work done for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.  Peaches canned.  Brewing started!  And then my neighbor gave me a five-gallon bucket full of grapes.

I'll be juicing those tonight.  We'll see if they make it into brewing, or if we just drink it.  There's no way I can eat that many grapes before they go bad, so I have to juice them to be able to use them down the road.

This first photo is the view from the top of Angel's Landing, Zion National Park.  And yes, I hiked up there.  No, there's not an elevator, escalator, motorized lift or any mechanical transport.  It's a trail.  With chains attached to the rocks so there's something to keep from falling two thousand feet to your death.



Did I mention the thousands of feet to the ground? I did?  Good.  This next photo is of the saddle that you traverse to get to the chains.  I can't embed the full sized photo, and I can't put the photo up as full sized because it would cause this website to have fits.  However, you should be able to zoom in enough to see the people, which gives you an idea of the sheer scale of the cliff.



Yes, I have more photos.  Later.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

That first photo is beautiful. The second one? Nooooooooooo!

Ragin' Dave said...

Hey, just don't look down!