Monday, October 22, 2018

I hate getting old

Went running on Saturday.  Just a light run, nothing major.

Sunday, the left foot starts to hurt.  Specifically the joint of the big toe.  Pain, swelling, some light discoloration.

Today I can barely walk on it.

The worst part is that I don't know what I did to screw it up.  If I knew what I did I could avoid doing it in the future, or find a way to fix it.  But I have no clue.  Just pain.

Can't get in to see a doctor until Friday at the latest.  This is going to be a fun week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gout

p2 said...

yep... that was my first thought too. its a cast iron bitch and hurts like hell. usual suspects: diet, exercise and fluid intake. i'm no doctor, but i did stay at a holiday inn express once....

Ragin' Dave said...

Did a comprehensive look at gout - I have a grand total of one high-risk marker for gout (I drink whiskey), and no family history of it anywhere. Although with my genetics it wouldn't shock me to have it crop up just to screw my family over a little more.

Anonymous said...

check your uric acid level. also, make sure your triglyceride levels are OK.

p2 said...

just fyi..... the only one i have is the whiskey vice, but there it is. dont have a bad case of it, but it'll let me know it's there on occaision. didn't have any high risk markers for throat cancer either.. but lemme tell ya... i gotta weight loss plan that'll kick ass.. don't recommend it tho....